4U2 Community
current position: Home > Gamenews > Text

armed assault 3

2021-06-16 15:02:16 

¡¡¡¡An intensive manhunt for three killers continued for a third day Tuesday in Miami, a city on edge after a bold, drive-by?shooting left two people dead and 21 people injured and fueled?a chaotic gunfight outside?a banquet hall early Sunday.?

¡¡¡¡One day later, another drive-by shooting left two people wounded and an unrelated robbery erupted into a deadly gunfight as Miami?struggled to contain gun violence.?

¡¡¡¡In the banquet hall shooting, police have released video they say shows the three armed, masked gunman exiting a white?Nissan Pathfinder. The men left the doors open to the vehicle and seconds later dash back into it and ride off.?Police say the men used assault rifles and handguns to shoot at a crowd that had attended a concert at the hall.

¡¡¡¡The vehicle, which was reported stolen May 15,?was found Monday submerged in a nearby canal.?Police have revealed no clear motive but said the shooting apparently was linked to a?rivalry between two groups.

¡¡¡¡”Our law enforcement teams … are doing everything possible to bring those responsible for this weekend’s violent acts to justice,” Miami-Dade Mayor?Daniella Levine Cava tweeted late Monday. “And we will work harder than ever to break the cycle of gun violence & prevent the next tragedy.”

¡¡¡¡The shooting erupted?early Sunday?near Hialeah at El Mula Banquet Hall, which had been rented out for a concert, police said. Organizers of the event promoted the event as featuring local rappers including ABMG Spitta. The suspects waited in the parking lot for up to 40 minutes before three people rolled out of the white Nissan Pathfinder, one armed with a handgun and two others with what police described as ¡°assault-style rifles.¡± When?the shooting began, several people in the crowd were armed and returned fire, resulting in 23 people shot, two of whom died at the scene, police said.

¡¡¡¡Surveillance video from the scene, obtained Tuesday by Local 10 News, shows people diving for cover as the first shots ring out.

¡¡¡¡’Cowardly act’:Two dead, more than 20 injured in Miami-area shooting

¡¡¡¡Miami-Dade police director Alfredo ¡°Freddy¡± Ramirez III was interrupted during a?briefing Monday by a tearful?father?of one of the?victims killed during Sunday’s shooting.?Clayton Dillard pleaded for answers, shouting?that someone “killed my kid¡± as he was escorted away by officers. Police have not released the identities of the victims but did confirm that Dillard?is the father of one of two 26-year-old men who were killed.

¡¡¡¡”That’s the pain that you see,” Ramirez said after officers led the father away.?”Together, all of us, we must work harder to bring justice to these families.”

¡¡¡¡Two people were shot in a drive-by shooting outside a North Miami home Monday afternoon, at least the sixth known instance of gun violence since Thursday, the Miami Herald reported. Video obtained by the Herald shows someone emerge from the backseat of a car with gun drawn, firing multiple shots before getting back into the vehicle, which speeds away. The Herald said?one person was in critical condition with a gunshot to the chest and another was in stable condition after being shot in the leg.?

¡¡¡¡Also Monday, an?attempted robbery?turned violent in Midtown Miami and?left one man dead and another hospitalized, the Herald reported. Miami?Mayor Francis Suarez?told the Herald that two people were robbery targets and that everyone involved was armed. “It turned into a shootout,¡± the mayor said.

¡¡¡¡Ramirez called the banquet hall attack a “cowardly act of gun violence” and promised to seek justice against “these cold blooded murderers.”?

¡¡¡¡County Commissioner Keon Hardemon said at a?news conference?that the shooting, and others in recent days, has had a chilling effect on the community.

¡¡¡¡”We have to be clear about what’s happening in Miami-Dade County.” Hardemon said. “These are acts of domestic terrorism.”

¡¡¡¡’Acts of domestic terrorism’:Details emerge in Miami-area shooting

¡¡¡¡Clayton Dillard, center, is restrained by friends at the scene of a shooting outside a banquet hall in Miami, seeking information about a family member, Sunday, May 30, 2021.

¡¡¡¡Concert shooting draws hefty reward

¡¡¡¡Camping World CEO and TV personality Marcus Lemonis?said on Twitter?that he offered a $100,000 reward to help authorities “arrest and convict” the suspects.?

¡¡¡¡The Miami division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives added?$25,000 to the reward, Ramirez?tweeted later, and?Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers contributed $5,000, bringing the total to $130,000.

¡¡¡¡”This is our community, we are stronger together,”?Ramirez said. “We need our county to step up with information.”

¡¡¡¡Contributing: The Associated Press

¡¡¡¡

¡¡¡¡ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WMBF) ¨C A man is wanted in connection to an attempted shooting and robbery early Tuesday morning in St. Pauls.

¡¡¡¡The incident happened at the BP Happy Mart #3 around 4:10 a.m., according to the St. Pauls Police Department.

¡¡¡¡Police said the suspect, identified as 21-year-old Anthony Carl Gooch, was last seen driving a gray Nissan Altima pictured above. The vehicle reportedly has black wheels.

¡¡¡¡Warrants have issued for attempted robbery, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, assault by pointing a gun and discharging a firearm within city limits.

¡¡¡¡According to authorities, Gooch should be considered armed and dangerous.

¡¡¡¡If you have any information on the suspect¡¯s whereabouts, call Lt. Michael Seago or Det. Bradley Rountree with St. Pauls police at (910) 865-5155.

¡¡¡¡Copyright 2021 WMBF. All rights reserved.